Thursday, March 10, 2011

What if...

I have been really excited to become single again. I have become a bit thought obsessed with dating actually. And since I am still technical married I haven't really been thinking about the realities of dating again. Write Stuff a blog I love reading had this line in today's post 'Guys in the late-20's range were either total players or divorced and battle-scarred.' That got me thinking/worried what if I become that person! Either player or battle-scarred. I hadn't thought through that possibility, or the possibility that I would be single for a few years to come. I just imagined Mr. Right would manifest in like three to six months and in a little over a year I would be married again (second time around I want to be married in June). What if I doesn't happen? What if my plan comes to naught (love this word). 

The one line from a blog post, well really the entire post, has got me reevaluating a lot of my life goals and wondering if my academic/career goals are really what I want. What am I going to do with my life?! The possibilities are endless and I feel 18 again, super excited for every option but not really willing to nail one down. I am all over the place with pretty much everything in my life but for now I have a few concrete things, a divorce, that need to happen before I can really start exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment